FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Get answers to the questions most frequently asked about running the Four Sisters Ultra on Mt. Siguniang.
The event takes place from October 31 to November 4, 2018.
- Check-in starts on October 31, 2018.
- 100K race starts on November 2, 2018.
- 35K, 45K, 60K races start on November 3, 2018.
- Run 35K, 45K, 60K or 100K course
- Race number bib (2 large, worn on the chest and back during the race and 1 small for bag check)
- Official race shirt
- Souvenir medal
- Chip timing
- Location tracking chip*
- Goodie bag
- Runners handbook
- Course map
- Volunteer support
- Checkpoint stations
- Medical first aid
- Finish line water & food
- Event insurance
- Special award for top finishers
- A bucket list race experience!
*Location tracking chip is for 45K, 60K, 100K only.
The organizing committee will accept the check-in of participants and release the event bag from 9:00 on October 31, 2018.
- 100K group check-in time: 9:00-21:00 on October 31, 2018
- 60K group check-in time: 9:00-21:00 on October 31, 2018
- 45K group check-in time: 9:00-21:00 on October 31 and November 1, 2018
- 35K group check-in time: 9:00-21:00 on October 31 and November 1, 2018
In view of the special nature of cross-country event at high altitude, the participants for each group are required to strictly follow the check-in time provided above. The event bag will not be released to the participants who are late in check-in, and such participants will be deemed as withdrawn.
|DISTANCE||START TIME||CLOSING TIME||DURATION|
|100K||17:00 on November 2||02:00 on November 4||33hours|
|60K||3:00 on November 3||22:00 on November 3||19 hours|
|45K||5:00 on November 3||19:00 on November 3||14 hours|
|35K||6:00 on November 3||18:00 on November 3||12 hours|
The check-in place for the 2018 Kailas Ultra Tour Mt. Siguniang will be at the Tourist Center at Changpinggou of Mountain Siguniang. The Mount Siguniang National Park lies 220km west of Chengdu, in the Qionglai Mountains of western Sichuan in China.
All flights will be from the Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU).
A China travel visa is required for foreigners to enter the country. We recommend you apply for a visa as soon as you have your flight itinerary. It is best to apply early rather than risk missing out. When applying to be sure to provide in advance your flight itinerary and hotel confirmations.
Almost all non-Chinese nationals will need a visa to enter China. There are different visa categories and you will most likely need a tourist visa (L). Please contact your local Chinese embassy or consulate for more information. The procedure normally requires submitting a visa application form, paying a fee and providing the Chinese authorities with an authorized flight itinerary from your travel agent. This process takes about one to two weeks. Note that your passport must be valid for at least six months after entry. For more information please visit the Chinese Embassy website.
All participants shall personally provide the relevant items by means of the original registration certificates, such as ID card, military officer certificate or passport.
Copy of medical examination certificates showing clean bill of health from a 2A or above hospital or a regular medical examination institution within one year.
The participants shall sign the waiver and letter of responsibility on the site.
- When receiving the items, the participants shall check on the site if the items in the event bag are complete and if the tracking & timing device is effective.
- No receiving agent for the event bag is allowed in this event.
- The mountain cross-country race at high altitude is a high-intensity and long-distance outdoor sports with certain risk, and there are higher requirements on the physical quality of participants, so the Organizing Committee requires all participants to provide a photocopy of the medical examination certificate (including but not limited to, static heart rate, electrocardiogram and blood pressure) from a 2A or above hospital or a regular medical examination institution within one year when they check in, and they shall not have following diseases and symptoms:
- Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease;
- Asthma and other respiratory diseases;
- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease;
- Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
- Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
- Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia;
- Pregnant women;
- Other uncomfortable symptoms at high altitude.
The organizing committee will provide the blood oxygen concentration and the blood pressure inspection on the site free of charge. If a participant is determined by the doctor that he or she has the diseases or potential diseases which are inappropriate to participate in the race, and he or she fails to reach the normal values in re-examination 24 hours before the race, such participants will be mandatorily withdrawn and the application fees are not refundable.
- When receiving the event bag, the participants shall pay ¥200 CNY (RMB) as the deposit for the tracking & positioning equipment. After the race is over and the tracking & positioning equipment is returned, the Organizing Committee will refund such deposit. If there is any loss or damage, the related deposit will not be refunded. When receiving the tracking & positioning equipment, it is necessary to check the effectiveness of the equipment, and the Organizing Committee will deem that the uncheck equipment could work properly
- Mobile phone and extra power supply.
- Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries.
- Warm clothes such as wool, fleece, or down feather (minimum weight of 200 grams) and wind-proof, warm pants.
- Waterproof clothing including a waterproof jacket with a cap.
- Rescue blanket or warming blanket with similar function (minimum size 130 cm x 200 cm).
- Hydration pack or bottles with a capacity of 1 liter or more.
- Bring your own energy supply food (greater than 500 calories).
- Sealed bag (putting personal waste).
- Lifeguard whistle
- UV protection glasses
- Full finger warm gloves (waterproof best)
- Container with a capacity of 100ml or more (no supply container is provided at checkpoints)
- Vasoline/grease for chafing
- Lip balm
- Change of clothes warm/cool
- Spare headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit with complete medical supplies (sterile gauze, bandage, blister band, disinfectant tissue, analgesics and any suitable personal medicines) (Recommended medicines: Aspirin, Paracetamol, Fenbid, 6542 tablets, Kelisha, Hismanal/Chlorpheniramine, hemostatic gauze and elastic bandage)
- There is no monetary award for this event.
- Trophy and prize will be awarded to the top three men and women participants in each category.
- The medals and souvenirs will be awarded to all participants who complete the race.
- Participants must wear two bibs at all times on front and back so bib numbers are clearly visible at all times.
- Participants must first clock-in at checkpoints before getting supplies and other station services.
- Closing time for all checkpoints is subject to the departure time, participants shall arrange their own supply and rest time at each checkpoint.
- DNF Procedure: - If a participant needs to withdraw from the race, they shall apply to the nearest checkpoint. Upon arriving fill out the Withdrawl Application Form to hand over with one bib number to an event referee. Then under the guidance of event staff, the participant will safely withdraw and return to the start/finish.
- Cutoff Procedure: If a participant fails to meet the required route and distance within the cutoff time, they will be deemed incomplete and upon arriving at the next checkpoint, the participant will fill out the Withdrawl Application Form to hand over with one bib number to an event referee. Then under the guidance of event staff, the participant will safely withdraw and return to the start/finish.
- Participants must wear the compulsory equipment as required by the race organizing committee throughout the entire race. At any time event staff can randomly check for mandatory equipment, if missing or omitted then the participant will be disqualified from the race.
- If the race is unable to be held as originally scheduled due to force majeure, the organizing committee has the right to change the race route, cancel, or terminate the race. The organizing committee reserves the final right to interpret the race.
- Bag check service will be provided at the start/finish for all participants. 100K participants have bag drop service available to have bags taken to Checkpoint 7 - CP7 (Mao Biliang).
- All participants must run or walk the entire race independently without any external aid. Participants are not allowed to ride a horse, cycle, or motorized vehicle, and cannot carry or use medical oxygen. Offenders will be disqualified.
- Participants must adhere with strict accordance to the course route officially released by the organizing committee throughout the race, no shortcuts allowed. Offenders will be disqualified.
- Participants are strictly forbidden to transfer their qualifications or substitute in any form, and all medical aid, insurance claims, and other related legal liabilities arising therefrom shall be born solely by the parties who transfer their qualifications. Offenders will be disqualified from participating in the event for three years.
- At certain checkpoints, participants are required to stop and corporate with medical personnel to conduct blood oxygen and medical inspections for your safety.
- Checkpoint leaders at every checkpoint have the right of event management to determine mandatory withdrawal of offending participants.
- For participants who withdraw from the race or arrives at a checkpoint after the cutoff time, or if is deemed by medical staff at a checkpoint as unable to independently return to the start/finish, the staff will arrange horse to transport participant to the start/finish free of charge. However, other participants including but not limited to support crew or spectators who need return transportation to the start/finish will be additionally charged ¥300 CNY or $50 USD for the use of rescue horses. The shuttle buses are available at some checkpoints to send participants back to the Tourist Center.
- This event actively advocates a "Leave No Trace" policy, so all participants shall not discard any trash or litter onto the grounds except into designated trash containers. Offenders will be disqualified.
- Participants may enter the scenic area in advance of the event free of charge to adapt to the altitude and track by means of the race number within the specified date (subject to the notice issued on the check-in date), and the activity is limited to the event staging zone and course. It is forbidden to enter the test and core areas designated by the scenic area.
- Participants who are individually sponsored my reflect the sponsor logo on their clothing or equipment. It is strictly forbidden to alter the race bib number. Offenders will be punished according to the circumstances.
- The organizing committee will purchase public liability insurance (excluding the personal accident insurance for participants). Participants may independently purchase other insurances if they have other insurance requirements.
- The organizing committee will conduct doping test of the top five men and women in the 100K race.
- There are medical service stations and medical service volunteers at the starting/finishing point, o the course route, and at the checkpoints to assist medical aid and maintain the order of the race, and participants may ask the medical staff for help at any time.
- There are the members from the Mountain Siguniang Emergency Rescue Team on the course route and at the checkpoints, and participants may ask such members for help at any time.
- In case of an emergency during the race, if a participant requires rescue, he or she shall promptly dial the rescue call (on the back of race number) provided by the organizing committee, and get in touch with the rescue officer.
- Before the arrival of rescue personnel, the participant waiting for rescue may use their carry-on simple medical supplies for self-rescue, including but not limited to, putting on warming blanket, choose a safe area to wait.
- During the race, if a participant is determined by the medical staff as unable to continue the race, such participant shall strictly follow the medical staff advice and cooperate with the staff to complete the withdrawal procedure.
- For a participant who withdraws from race or arrives at the checkpoint after closing time, if he or she is determined by medical staff at CP/SP point as unable to independently return to the starting/finishing point, the staff will arrange horse to send such participant to starting/finishing point free of charge.
- For participants who withdraw from the race or arrives at a checkpoint after the cutoff time, or if is deemed by medical staff at a checkpoint as unable to independently return to the start/finish, the staff will arrange horse to transport participant to the start/finish free of charge.
- The Organizing Committee will provide medical oxygen in all checkpoints, and some points are equipped with hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
Entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Due to the eligibility requirements for each individual, no transfers are allowed for this event. If it is discovered that your entry has been transferred, the qualification of both the transferor and transferee will be canceled.
The deadline to cancel an entry is July 31, 2018, 50% of fees will be refunded to anyone that submits a cancellation request before this deadline. After August 1, 2018, no refunds are available. Sorry, no exceptions. Due to race logistics and planning, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Please submit a cancellation request from the contact page.
Please note that event information here represents what is planned for the event. Locations, routes, hotels, schedule, adjustments, and changes may apply depending on conditions, availability, late participation entries, and improvements. The event strives to improve for the best experience.